System printer notifications with file information constantly appear in the Windows system tray, and I must say is very annoying to most users. But for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and notifications can be turned off once and forever. So I decided to write about how to get rid of them. Such a small and step-by-step instructions how to disable the printer notifications about sending a file to printer.
Disable the print notification in Windows XP
- First, click on the "Start" button to open the menu. Next item Settings. There we find the option Printers and faxes.
- At the top of the window click File where you need to find Server Properties (Print Server Properties).
- There open the tab Advanced.
- Look at the flagged item Show notifications for Local printers. Uncheck the box.
- If necessary, at the same time remove the check box with Show notifications for network printers.
- Click Apply and OK.
Now the window is closed and we will not be disturbed constantly by a pop-up message from the printer.
Note. The system configuration determines whether you want to disable network printers in addition to local notifications.
How to disable printer notifications in Windows 7
How to clear the printer status message
First you need to go here: Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers
Next, select your installed printer, click RBM, select the properties of your printer in the drop-down menu, then you need to select the Device Settings tab and finally you will see a line that says "Notification of the printer status", you only have to select Off and click OK.